About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘Kusama: Infinity’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Akira’ @ 30, SCANDAL from Japan, ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Sailor Moon, Liberty City Anime, Meg Okura
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Amy’s Guide to Best Behavior in Japan: Do It Right and Be Polite!’
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — New from Tuttle (Summer 2018)
Support the JETAANY Gala
Posted on August 29, 2008 | No CommentsThe JETAA 20th Anniversay Kintetsu Essay Contest Publication is now available online as a downloadable PDF. The publication is a compilation of the 15 winning essays into a format that we are hoping to have printed for new and future JETs to read to get them excited about the JET Programme as well as for the enjoyment of the JET alumni community. A big thank you goes out to Liz Sharpe (JETAA Pacific Northwest) and Steven Horowitz (JETAANY) who worked so hard to compile the publication. And a shameless self promotion: the cover design was done by Hepnova Multimedia, a design company co-owned by JETAANY webmaster Lee-Sean Huang. Click here to download.