The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Alita: Battle Angel,’ ‘Urusei Yatsura’ Returns, Puppet Theatre
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Modest Heroes,’ ‘Dragon Ball Z Super: Broly,’ ‘A Silent Voice’
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Dragon Quest Illustrations: 30th Anniversary Edition’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Radio City Christmas, Mickey Mouse @ 90, Miyazaki Doc
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Joe Hisaishi, Anime NYC, ‘Shoplifters’
Support the JETAANY Gala
Posted on February 2, 2011 | No CommentsBeat the snow by heading to Midtown for fun times at a Viking-themed indoor beer garden with your fellow JET alums! Choose from an incredible selection of beers (50+) from around the world, including a $5 beer special which changes weekly. Date: Wednesday February 9th Time: 6:30 pm Location: Valhalla, 815 9th Avenue (@ 54th Street) We’ll have two tables in the back with JETAANY signage. Hope to see you there!
Posted on November 8, 2007 | No CommentsCome for a couple of post-work pints, network, chat about upcoming events and unwind after work. Plus what better way to start your Friday night than with your fellow JETANNY friends. We wanted to get in one big blow out before all the holiday craze! Date: Friday, November 16th Location: Galway Hooker 7 E 36th St (Between 5th Ave. and Madison) We have rented out the back room again. On the main floor go to the rear right corner and we will be meeting in the alcove. Time: 6pm ALL ARE WELCOME-pass the word along! While you don’t need to RSVP it would be VERY helpful if we knew numbers. So, if you plan to come, please just drop a […]