Recreational Specialty Instructor (RSI) @ Shofuso Japanese House & Garden, Phila
Created 1st February 2011 @ 04:30
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1
Subscribe to this topic
Add A Reply Pages: 1
RSI is a seasonal hourly position at Shofuso Japanese House and Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Japanese House and Garden is a 17th century style Japanese house in the west section of Fairmount Park. RSIs are an integral part of the siteâ€™s day-to-day operations and serve an important role in interacting with the public.
– Assist in caring for and maintaining the historic Japanese house, including cleaning and light gardening
– Provide tours of the house and garden to groups and casual visitors
– Promote site security and compliance with site policies
– Lead special programs for group tours (e.g. tea tasting, origami lesson)
– Staff the guardhouse, including admissions, gift shop, phone calls, email
– Daily cash register bookkeeping
– Staff special programs (e.g. Moonviewing, Summer Concert)
– Staff private rentals (e.g. weddings and commitment ceremonies)
– Other duties as assigned
This position reports directly to the Site and Program Manager, who in turn reports to the Executive Director.
– Oral communications â€“ Will have an interest in working with the public and strives to present the best possible attitude when presenting information about the organization. This person should enjoy working with both children and adults.
– Sensitivity â€“ Will work with guests from a variety of cultural, social, and age backgrounds.
– Interpersonal skills â€“ Will work well with others in this small and close-knit organization. This person should be able to build and maintain strong and positive relationships.
– Creativity â€“ Plays an active role in customizing tours and activities for guests. Should handle unexpected situations well.
– Outdoorsy â€“ Comfortable working outdoors for extended periods of time while still maintaining an energetic, friendly, and professional demeanor.
– Experience working with the public is desired.
– Interest and experience with Asian studies, museum studies, recreational studies, or education is a plus.
– Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
– Pass a civil service clearance check.
– Resident of the City of Philadelphia.
To apply send resume and cover letter to:
Derek Finn, Site and Program Manager
Friends of the Japanese House and Garden
5070 Parkside Ave. #2104, Philadelphia, PA 19131
Add A Reply Pages: 1