Director of Corporate Partnerships (NYC)
Created 23rd September 2019 @ 18:47
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1
Subscribe to this topic
Add A Reply Pages: 1
DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will lead the corporate fundraising team in recruiting new
corporate members, maintaining existing accounts, and developing corporate sponsorships for Japan Society’s programs. The Director will design and implement effective strategies to increase corporate funding support. The Director of Corporate Partnerships will be an integral part of the Development team, working hands-on with program areas and Special Events on cultivation events, Business & Policy programs, and the annual dinner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop the strategy and execute a plan to increase overall corporate support for Japan Society;
– Research and identify corporate member prospects; create and implement cultivation strategies to increase overall corporate membership revenues through upgrades, new memberships and cross-selling opportunities such as rentals, Webcast services, and program sponsorships;
– In coordination with program areas, research, identify and negotiate corporate sponsors for gallery exhibitions, film, performing arts, education, public policy and other program areas as appropriate;
– Work with the Media & Marketing Department on corporate membership-related collateral materials, including membership-related aspects of Japan Society’s website and online presence;
– Conduct cultivation visits with existing and potential corporate members, and cultivate members at Japan Society programs on a regular basis throughout the year;
– Collaborate with program areas and Special Events Department on cultivation events, fundraising campaigns, and the annual dinner;
– Lead Department of Corporate Partnerships and supervise staff providing frontline services for
corporate members including monthly renewals, upgrade and solicitation materials, fulfilling
membership and sponsorship benefits, invitations to programs and gallery openings, complimentary catalogs, telephone and email inquiries, and providing customer service;
– Manage annual revenue budgets and forecasts;
– Oversee data entry in Raiser’s Edge related to corporate members and sponsors and corporate
– Draft funding and sponsorship proposals, correspondence, marketing materials, acknowledgementletters, and reports;
– Oversee credit lines of corporate sponsors in coordination with Director, Foundation & Government Relations;
– Monitor airline in-kind donations, and use complimentary airfare by program staff and guests.
– Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years development experience including corporate
– Familiarity with corporate funding for cultural programs, business and policy, and international
– Possess superior written, verbal, and intercultural communication skills;
– Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills essential;
– Must be a hands-on, resourceful team player able to collaborate with and build consensus with
colleagues inside and outside the organization;
– Prior experience supervising staff;
– Experience with database processing (preferably Raiser’s Edge) required;
– Flexible schedule and able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the Director of Human
Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1907, Japan Society in New York City presents sophisticated, topical and
accessible experiences of Japanese art and culture, and facilitates the exchange of ideas,
knowledge and innovation between the U.S. and Japan. More than 200 events annually
encompass world-class exhibitions, dynamic classical and cutting-edge contemporary
performing arts, film premieres and retrospectives, workshops and demonstrations, tastings,
family activities, language classes, and a range of high-profile talks and expert panels that
present open, critical dialogue on issues of vital importance to the U.S., Japan and East Asia.
For more information, visit our website http://www.japansociety.org.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.
Add A Reply Pages: 1