Full-Time Resident Faculty for Girl’s Residence Hall (Purchase, NY)
Created 26th July 2018 @ 18:36
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1
Subscribe to this topic
Add A Reply Pages: 1
This position provides boarder students (approximately 330 students from 9th grade to 12th grade, with separate dormitory buildings for girls and boys) with support on all aspects of student life including but not limited to educational and healthy life support through residence in the same Residence Hall. Resident Faculty lives in the same gender separated dormitory as the students.
Each member of the Resident Faculty generally works based on a monthly shift schedule, with daily on side duty generally from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (the next morning). However, the nature of the position may require that the Resident Faculty occasionally work longer hours or extra shifts, as well as participation in meetings related to student matters outside of these working hours. A shift schedule is applied.
Duties & Responsibilities：
• Reside in a girl’s Residence Hall (Dormitory). The room for Resident Faculty is on the same floor and location where only girl students live.
• Enter rooms of students and wake students who don’t wake up until the due time
• Check students’ health condition
• Be available to students, as necessary, to support their personal, educational and academic needs. Listen to student issues such as interpersonal relationship, personal, health and medical issues, etc. Collaborate with teachers and staff to address student issues by email, phone and meeting
• Educate students how to properly use the facility equipment
• Pick up mail and packages for students from the Administration Office and bring them to each Residence Hall office. Sort them and post notices to recipients’ mailbox. (Approx. 50 packages/boxes per a day) Sometimes carrying packages and using equipment to push/pull/carry all packages.
• Office desk duty: receipt various requests from students, check students’ sign-in and sign-out
• Study hour shift: (1) Supervise students at their own bedroom, school cafeteria, school library and classrooms (2) walk around each area in the dormitory and students rooms (3) inspect students’ room for prohibited items and safety issues.
• Instruct students to evacuate from the Residence Hall and clear all rooms during fire alarm (same as a fire drill, once per month). If necessary, Resident Faculty is required to carry and assist any injured or disabled student to evacuate.
• Provide help students on-call basis overnight. Chaperone sick/injured student to the hospital at during night hours.
• Consult with an on-call nurse and provide first aid medicine to student with acute sickness under the school doctor’s instruction, prepare an isolation room and make bed for the student. Take temperature and serve breakfast to isolation students under the school doctor’s instruction.
• Plan and carry out various events held in the Residence Hall.
• Supervise students’ sport activities in the gym and field.
• Responsible to evaluate students based on their life in the Residence Hall.
• Support study in various subjects
• Counseling students’ issue in study
• Attend weekly Resident Faculty meeting, monthly Faculty & Staff meeting
• Communicate with Resident Dean if there are contacts/claims from resident student’s parent. Interface with resident student’s parent as needed.
• Perform scheduled weekend shift.
• Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Resident Dean.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities：
Communications: Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing (English and Japanese), Confidentiality, Counseling, Dependability/Reliability, Diplomacy, Employment Development, Ethics, Facility Management, Field Supervision, Listening & Understanding, Persuasiveness, Problem-Solving, Relationship Building, Team Leading, Team Participation
Fluent literacy of Japanese language is need in the same level as native Japanese. The position needs the ability to read and write emails in Japanese with detailed nuances as the majority of parents only communicate in Japanese and do not write in English.
General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, scanner, postage machine, phone system, personal computer, etc. Software includes the use of Windows operating system and MS Office applications. Intranet.
CPR, First Aid is preferred. The school provides an opportunity to obtain certificates after employment.
Several years of experience at educational institutions preferred. Education, counseling background is a plus.
Others, Physical Demands：
• Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: Daily 2-20 pounds, occasional 30 pounds or more and during emergency situations the need to carry a student.
• Standing/Walking required
• Vision: need to observe students’ physical condition.
STARTING DATE: August 27, 2018
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with education and experience. Health Insurance and 403B Pension Plan benefits will be provided after three month probation period.
DEADLINE: Applications will be considered in order of arrival, until the position is filled.
Potential applicants should email their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add A Reply Pages: 1