Coordinator, Center for Japanese Economy and Business, Columbia Business School
Created 28th July 2014 @ 13:26
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1
Subscribe to this topic
Add A Reply Pages: 1
Job Title Coordinator, Center on Japanese Economy and Business
Job Requisition Number 074762
Department 5160- BUS Centers and Institutes
Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular
Hours Per Week 35
Job Family General Administration
Salary Grade 10
Salary Range Commensurate with experience
Advertised Summary Job Description Reporting to the Director for Administration, the Coordinator is responsible for providing overall administrative and event-related support to the Center on Japanese Economy and Business (CJEB), particularly in providing executive level support to the Director for Administration and the Assistant Director for Programs. The incumbent implements policies and procedures to reach operational goals; exercises good judgment, decorum and discretion in communications with all levels of the University Faculty, administrators and external constituents, as appropriate.
1. Assists Director for Administration in a number of capacities, including: preparing written documents, reports, and correspondence; liaising with other Columbia offices to promote CJEB events; maintaining electronic and paper files; general office work, etc.
2. Assists Assistant Director for Programs in various areas of event management, including: event website management and registration page, budget tracking, vendor relations, and drafting event materials.
3. Manage projects for the CJEB Visiting Fellows (VF) Program, such as: processing International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO)/visa applications, sending supporting documents to ISSO, receiving processed forms from ISSO; preparing forms for VF IDs and library access; creating invoices and following up on payment (with the financial officer); preparing for fellows\’ arrival by setting up their offices, computers, printers, ordering business cards, compiling bio, setting up Outlook account, scheduling photo sessions, handling audit request, and record keeping); manage fellows\’ monthly seminar, farewell gathering, and spring field trip.
4. Helps maintain the Center website by uploading and editing text, photo, and videos using basic HTML
5. Creates ongoing draft text for the Center\’s Annual Report and other reports as needed
6. Performs independent research and maintains confidential files
7. Assists with the Center\’s database needs
8. Order supplies; maintain Center\’s filing system; respond to IT problems
9. Handle bulk mailings including holiday cards (CJEB and APEC) and Annual Report distribution
10. Performs relevant duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Bachelor\’s degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 1-2 years related experience required.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Must have solid writing and proofreading skills. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, and the internet and comfortable with basic HTML (or learning basic HTML). Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required. Must be detail-oriented. Must be able to work independently and under pressure, managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to manage multiple projects with changing deadlines. High level of professionalism needed. Tact, diplomacy, and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment in matters that are sensitive and confidential is required. General interest in and eagerness to learn about Japanese economic and business issues is a must.
Preferred Qualifications Japanese language skills are a plus but not required.
Requisition Close Date Open Until Filled
Quick Link jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=143434
EEO Statement Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer –Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.
Local Hiring Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Add A Reply Pages: 1