Program Coordinator at Columbia Business School
Created 9th October 2013 @ 04:37
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1
Subscribe to this topic
Add A Reply Pages: 1
Columbia Business School – Greater New York City Area
About this job
Reporting to the Real Estate program Chairperson, the incumbent is responsible for providing managerial support and assistance to the Real Estate Chairperson and Program. The Program Coordinator manages the day-to-day administrative functions of the office, supports program course delivery, including curriculum support, and acts as a liaison for the Chairperson with internal and external constituents. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination and realization of a variety of premiere events run out of the Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate. The Program Coordinator also provides the research and analysis capability for administrative reports and projects.
1. Coordinates all aspects of executive support for the Real Estate program Chairperson, including clerical and administrative tasks and the management of schedules, calendars, office equipment and supplies.
2. In conjunction with the Financial Planning Office and Program Chairperson, is responsible for processing and overseeing specific aspects of Program and research expense budget; prepares, tracks and maintains related records including expense reports.
3. Functions as a liaison for the Program Chairperson with Business School and University offices, students, faculty, media and industry, as directed by the Chairperson.
4. Coordinates all travel, meeting and conference attendance arrangements, including those for the Chazen International Real Estate Study Trip and meetings with the Real Estate Program Advisory Board members.
5. Plans and manages all logistical aspects of the Discussion Across Disciplines, and Project (aka Master) Class Business Plan Competition event. Coordinates invitation process and follow-up, attendance tracking, location, catering, event set-up, materials preparation and distribution, and event staffing, post-event review, and documentation.
6. Works with the Program Chairperson on the recruitment and retention of high-quality adjuncts professors and guest lecturers for the Program. Coordinates associated planning and faculty meetings.
7. Assists with administrative matters for program Chairperson and Adjunct Faculty regarding the development of course materials, syllabi, presentations and projects, coordinating and supervising administrative support staff and work-study employees as needed, including website updates.
8. Updates and revises the teaching schedule for all Program MBA and EMBA courses for each term during the academic year. Collaborates with Student Academic Affairs Office and academic divisions to reconcile scheduling issues.
9. Tracks and archives information for all Program courses including enrollment, sections offered, student/faculty ratios, syllabi, course materials, and class speaker lists. Maintains files on adjuncts professors including current bios, contact information and other pertinent information, prepares, maintains and updates statistical summaries of Program resources and responsibilities based on this information.
10. Manages all aspects of the real estate faculty search process in conjunction with the Finance and Economics Division.
11. Provides administrative support to the Program Chairperson regarding ongoing research and publications, including liaison with CaseWorks on the production and dissemination of case materials.
12. Performs related work and special projects for the Program Chairperson as needed.
For more information and to apply for this position, please go to the Columbia University website and follow instructions to submit your application.
Req. # 070852
Please include a cover letter and your resume. Columbia University is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer.
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelorâ€™s degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum four years related experience required.
Familiarity with high-level business practices required. Excellent writing, oral and interpersonal communication skills required. Facility with design of presentation materials and attention to detail are important aspects of executing tasks as program coordinator. Must be able to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment about sensitive and confidential matters. Ability to work with changing priorities and deadlines and a large volume of detailed information required. Must be proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite Pro (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook). Occasional early mornings and evenings required.
Understanding of the real estate industry and experience in a university setting preferred.
Add A Reply Pages: 1