Development Assistant @ Japan Society
Created 6th August 2013 @ 20:17
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1
Subscribe to this topic
Add A Reply Pages: 1
Established in 1907, New York\’s Japan Society is an internationally recognized nonprofit, nonpolitical organization that provides access to information on Japan, offers opportunities to experience Japanese culture, and fosters sustained and open dialogue on issues important to the U.S., Japan, and East Asia.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position delineated below.
Development Assistant (Foundation and Government Relations)
The Development Assistant (Foundation and Government Relations) provides the administrative backbone for fundraising from foundations and government agencies, ensuring the smooth operation of all aspects of Japan Societyâ€™s efforts in these areas, including research and profiles; gift processing and acknowledgement; drafting donor reports; data entry and recordkeeping; and general office work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Develop project reports for donors,
– Assist with proposal writing,
– Gift processing and acknowledgement,
– Data entry and recordkeeping,
– Help research and identify new foundations and government prospects and prepare prospect profiles in consultation with the Director of Foundation and Government Relations,
– Track prospects in Raiserâ€™s Edge,
– Complete general administrative tasks, such as maintaining files.
– Provide staffing support at various Society events, as needed.
Bachelorâ€™s degree. Must be a flexible and detail-oriented team player with ability to multitask. Excellent written, oral and intercultural communication skills are essential. Strong organizational skills. Experience with database processing (preferably Raiserâ€™s Edgeâ€”including the building of queries and custom reports, and prospect tracking utilities) required. Knowledge of Japanese culture a plus.
To Apply: Email your letter of interest and resume to: jobs[at]japansociety.org.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Add A Reply Pages: 1