Programs Coordinator at International House New York
Created 28th August 2012 @ 16:09
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1
Subscribe to this topic
Add A Reply Pages: 1
PROGRAMS COORDINATOR with International House
Founded in 1924, International House seeks to develop future global leaders by enabling them to live and learn together in a challenging and supportive residential community. The roster of innovative, high-quality programs and activities are at the core of this dynamic experience in multicultural living. These programs are designed to facilitate the development of the skills and values essential to sound global leadership through the exploration of diverse cultures, ideas and beliefs. The 700 resident members admitted each year are from over 100 countries and study at over 75 academic and training institutions in New York City in fields as diverse as finance, studio art, law, neuroscience and dance.
The Office of Programs & Resident Life is responsible for planning and implementing the cultural, educational and social programs that reflect the diversity of the resident community and actualize the mission of the House. The Programs Office staff works with a team of approximately 25 residents who serve the community as Program Fellows. Monthly programs during the academic year include cultural hours; resident roundtable discussions; performing, cinema and fine arts events; social events and trips in and around NYC. In addition, there are one or two guest speaker events each month, an outreach tutorial program, sports & fitness activities, a language exchange program, and leadership programs designed to enhance graduate study. Other large events include the annual Fall Fiesta, the All Nations Celebration in April, semi-formal dances and 4 Sunday Suppers each year. Summer activities include social, cultural and recreational activities in and around NYC. The Programs Office also includes the Resident Support Services team composed of 21 Resident Fellows, Peer Counselors and the Resident Social Worker. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 7:00pm and most programs take place in the evening and on some weekends.
Programs Coordinator Position Description
The Programs Office staff includes the Programs Coordinator, the Senior Programs Coordinator, the Director and Assistant Director of Programs & Resident Life, and the Resident Social Worker. The Programs Coordinators work with the Director and Assistant Director and the Program Fellows team to plan, develop and implement cultural, educational and social programs (average of 5 per week), including supervision of the Program Fellow team and evaluation of programs. Position requires program supervision and attendance for many evening and weekend hours.
• Thorough planning of event details, publicity, catering, equipment, audio-visual needs and supplies etc.
• Managing the production and distribution of publicity for programs and contributing material for the program calendar and website.
• Communicating with staff in other I. House offices involved in various aspects of program planning and implementation (dining services, facilities, public safety etc.)
• Participating in the supervision and evaluation of programs and Program Fellows.
• Recruiting resident volunteers to lead orientation activities, trips and other programs.
• Managing general office needs (supplies, office equipment etc.) and responding to walk-in, phone and e-mail inquiries about I. House program activities, as well as NYC events and information.
• Managing the schedule of sports activities and sign-ups for program activities, including dinners, trips and theater events.
• Managing petty cash requests, office purchases, vendor payments, bookkeeping for office accounts.
• Other duties may include: scheduling and supervising equipment technicians, maintaining office mailing list database, maintaining the Master Events Calendar (Starnet system), and timekeeping for staff and Program/Resident Fellows.
This position is available immediately. To apply, send your letter of interest, resume and supporting documents to email@example.com.
Add A Reply Pages: 1