JETAANY Discussion Forums

You are not logged in. You can login or register.

Clara Solomon

Created 11th October 2011 @ 03:32
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1

Subscribe to this topic

Locked Pages: 1

It has been a pleasure to serve on the JETAANY Board of Directors since 2009, and to serve as co-chair of the board for the past year. JETAANY is lucky to have a wealth of talented, smart and motivated people to serve on both the Executive Committee and also the Board of Directors, and I’ve been honored to be a part of both since my return from Japan 10 years ago.

In these past ten years, I’ve also been proud to watch this organization mature into a strong professional alumni group dedicated to serving both the cultural/social and professional needs of our diverse community. We are now moving firmly into the next stage in our development by adding an emphasis on serving not only the JET alumni in our region, but serving the greater population, both here and in Japan. I believe that JETAANY’s immediate, well-organized, and thoughtful response to the tsunami in Japan in March is a perfect example of what we can do as a group – through the efforts of the Executive Committee and the Board, we organized multiple fundraising events, and also served as a national leader for other alumni chapters.

With budgets on both sides of the Pacific coming under intense scrutiny, it is more important than ever that our alumni association be a forum for how to advance the JET program, both here and in Japan. I am looking forward to working with the Board in the next term to continue shaping the direction of this amazing organization.

Locked Pages: 1

Fuelled by RS Discuss 0.5.2