It’s that time of year when we prepare a new batch of JETs to start their journey in Japan! We are calling upon our most recent alumni to teach and share their experiences to help invigorate our newest JETs about moving to and living in Japan!
The Pre-Departure Seminar will be on Saturday, June 22nd from 10:00 am to 3:30pm at the Nippon Club (145 W. 57th Street, between 6th Ave and 7th Ave on the 2nd floor). We’ll have a happy hour from 4 pm onwards nearby which all are welcome to (no need to be a seminar presenter)! For presenters, you only need to attend the sessions you are presenting; therefore you may not need to be there the entire day.
We are looking for presenters on the following topics:
- JET Job Skills: Elementary, Junior High, High School, CIR
- Japanese Social and Business Etiquette
- Being Vegetarian or Dietary Restrictions
- Being a Minority: African American, Asian, Latinx, LGBT
- Women’s Issues
- Life as a Rural JET
- How to Prepare for Your Departure
- What to Expect Your First Few Weeks
- Money Management
- Community Involvement
- Tips for Studying Japanese
- Mental Health
When: Saturday, June 22nd from 10am–3:30pm (seminar), followed by a nearby happy hour open to all!
Where: Nippon Club [145 W. 57th St., 2nd Floor (between 6th Ave. and 7th Ave.)]RSVP: Sign up to volunteer by Tuesday, June 4th at 5pm
Questions? Feel free to contact Andy Shartzer at president-at-jetaany-dot-org.