**JET Alumni Only Event**
Show off your skills in the kitchen and taste a variety of homemade gyoza! Teams of three JET alumni will compete in a friendly Iron Chef-style cooking challenge to see who can make the best gyoza. This event is the first of its kind and we hope it will turn into a series.
- All teams should consist of 3 JET alumni members (only competitors can attend this event, there are no “taster” options!)
- Teams will purchase and prepare their unique gyoza filling in advance, then assemble and cook at the event
- $15 entrance fee per team
- Teams will have 1.5 hours to fill, pinch and boil their gyoza
- Each team must prepare 25 gyoza
- We encourage teams to follow their own recipe for the gyoza filling. Stick with a classic recipe or get creative (jalapeno, kale, carrotsâ€¦). The options are endless!
- All attendees will taste and judge all the gyoza
Iron Chef – best all-around gyoza (size, shape, filling, texture, etc.)
Ichiban Oishii – best-tasting gyoza
Ichiban Omoshiroi – most unique (but still edible!) gyoza
Teams will be supplied with:
- Pack of 4″ diameter round gyoza wrappers (see photo below)
- Standard gyoza dipping sauce (but teams are welcome to make customized sauces)
- Work station
- Mixing bowl
- Portable stove to boil gyoza
- Cooking utensils
- Serving tray
- Plates and utensils
- Maximum of 8 teams consisting of 3 JET alumni — 6 individual slots are being held for people not on a team – 2 teams will be created at the organizers’ discretion
- For safety reasons, all gyoza will be boiled, not fried
- If you have dietary preferences/restrictions/allergies, this might be a difficult event for you as each team will be deciding their own ingredients
- Be sure to arrive on time to hear instructions and have enough time to prepare and boil gyoza
- Address of venue will be shared with registered guests
Sign up now as an individual or team
There will be a waitlist if all spots get filled
Gyoza wrappers are standard size approximately 4″ diameter. Each team will get a pack.
There are many techniques on how to wrap a dumpling. Check out this cute Mother/Son instructional video. Keep in mind we are only BOILING our gyoza.