It is that time of year when we have to prepare a new batch of JETs to start their journey inJapan. Â We are calling upon our alumni to teach and share their experience to hopefully alleviate some surprises or embarrassing moments and make their time inJapansomething they will never forget.
The Pre-Departure Seminar is on June 30th from 10-4:30pm at the Nippon Club.Â You only need to attend the sessions you are presenting.Â We are having a presentation planning session on June 19th (not mandatory but highly recommended) at the JLGC.
We are looking for presenters on the following topics.Â Please use the link to sign up.
- Life as a Rural, Suburban, or Urban JET
- JET Job Skills-Elementary/Junior High School, Â High School, CIR
- Being a Minority-Asian, African American, LGBT
- Womenâ€™s Issues
- Travel in and AroundJapan
- What to expect your first few weeks
- Money Management
- Studying Japanese
- Being vegetarian or dietary restrictions
- Japanese etiquette
VOLUNTEER SLOTS ARE FULL
Questions please contactÂ KendallÂ at firstname.lastname@example.org