Calling all JET professionals! Do you remember the frustrations of reverse culture shock and having to find a job when you returned from JET? We would like to form team of JET Alumni who can attentuate the returning process by being a Peer Mentor. As a Peer Mentor, you will be matched with a returning JET in either career interest or location and you will be essentially a Big Brother or Big Sister to a returning “little.” Especialy in this traumatic economic environment, Peer Mentors will be an excellent resource for information as well as a way to connect our kohai to the JET community and to their residential community. If you have any interest in helping out, please contact Amber for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘Kusama: Infinity’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Akira’ @ 30, SCANDAL from Japan, ‘Dragon Ball Z’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Sailor Moon, Liberty City Anime, Meg Okura
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Amy’s Guide to Best Behavior in Japan: Do It Right and Be Polite!’
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — New from Tuttle (Summer 2018)
Support the JETAANY Gala