- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Babymetal, ‘Promare,’ Joe Hisaishi
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Gentle Black Giants’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Liberty City Anime Con, Miyavi, ‘Millennium Actress’
- JQ Magazine: JQ&A with Director Shinya Tsukamoto at JAPAN CUTS
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Studio Ghibli Fest, JAPAN CUTS
Support the JETAANY Gala
Posted on April 25, 2008 | No CommentsMore photos on Flickr Thanks to Monica, JETAANY Social Chair, for the organizing the event and for taking photos!
Posted on April 22, 2008 | No CommentsThe Nippon Gallery will exhibit the work of Japanese paper cutout artist Shu Kobo from April 23 to May 5, 2008. Mr. Kubo is well regarded in Japan’s contemporary art scene and his work has appeared on postage stamps and on New Year’s greeting cards in Japan. Kubo creates the paper cutouts using handmade Japanese washi paper, which is dyed a variety of colors. He approaches the paper sheet by sheet, creating a two dimensional work by precisely cutting fine lines with a knife. Kubo has recently expanded his techniques by combining washi with Western paper materials, resulting in quite remarkable three-dimension works. Also, by layering multiple layers of ultra-thin washi, an original color scheme is developed adding texture and […]