- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Babymetal, ‘Promare,’ Joe Hisaishi
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Gentle Black Giants’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Liberty City Anime Con, Miyavi, ‘Millennium Actress’
- JQ Magazine: JQ&A with Director Shinya Tsukamoto at JAPAN CUTS
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Studio Ghibli Fest, JAPAN CUTS
Support the JETAANY Gala
Posted on December 7, 2007 | No CommentsDate: Wednesday December 12th Time: 8pm Location: Forbidden City 212 Avenue A between 13th and 14th www.forbiddennyc.com Happy Fun Smile the Okinawa band with the hot lead singer will be performing Cover: FREE Everyone Welcome! (To see the article on Kossan, the band’s shamisen player, who is a real Buddhist monk, go to http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/26/the-chanting-rollerblading-monk-at-the-met/.)
Posted on December 6, 2007 | No CommentsThe Kinokuniya in Rockefeller Center (49th St. between 5th and 6th Avenue) is closing soon. Kinokuniya will be moving all of their Manhattan operations to their new location at 41st St. and 6th Avenue. Since they are closing, the Rockefeller Center Kinokuniya is having a 50% OFF SALE until the end of the month. ALL BOOKS AND MANGA ARE HALF-PRICE. If you’re looking for Japanese books, or TOEIC resources, this is the place to go, and you’ll never find better deals than this. Hurry, because the good stuff will go quickly! Thanks to Nat and Michiko for the tip.