About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Fred Korematsu Speaks Up’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Your Name’ Premiere, Hougaku Quartet, ‘Girl X’
- Concert Recap: Yoshiki Classical Special at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Anime films, Final Fantasy Live, Yoshiki at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — The ‘Tonoharu’ Trilogy
Posted on February 2, 2011 | No CommentsBeat the snow by heading to Midtown for fun times at a Viking-themed indoor beer garden with your fellow JET alums! Choose from an incredible selection of beers (50+) from around the world, including a $5 beer special which changes weekly. Date: Wednesday February 9th Time: 6:30 pm Location: Valhalla, 815 9th Avenue (@ 54th Street) We’ll have two tables in the back with JETAANY signage. Hope to see you there!