About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Fred Korematsu Speaks Up’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Your Name’ Premiere, Hougaku Quartet, ‘Girl X’
- Concert Recap: Yoshiki Classical Special at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Anime films, Final Fantasy Live, Yoshiki at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — The ‘Tonoharu’ Trilogy
Posted on February 15, 2008 | No CommentsPhoto: Happy Fun Smile ALL ARE WELCOME! Come socialize with your fellow JET Alumni and Friends at Aruba while listening to the fun sounds of Happy Fun Smile. Even if you can’t stay out that late to the see the band just come and have an after work drink and Japanese Tapas. Tuesday, February 19, 6:00pm (Band performs at 9:30) ARUBA 100 Park Avenue and 40th St (Enter through the restaurant on 40th St.) Admission: Free is you are coming at 6pm for happy hour but if you come for the music at 9:30 there might be a $10 cover. (still working out the details) “Happy Fun Smile performs an irresistible blend of Okinawan pop, electric folk songs (ultraminyo), super […]