About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Tokio Whip’
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Diary of a Tokyo Teen’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Perfume, Guitar Wolf, Digimon Premiere, The Joy of Sake
- JQ Magazine: Manga Review — ‘The Osamu Tezuka Story’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Studio Ghibli, Asa Akira, Liberty City Anime Con, Sekai no Owari
Posted on June 26, 2011 | No CommentsLIFE AS A JET Life as a Rural JET – Presentation Life as a Suburban JET – Presentation Life as a Urban JET – Handout JOB SKILLS WORKSHOPS ALT Job Skills Workshop CIR Job Skills Workshop SMALL GROUP DISCUSSIONS What to Expect in your first few weeks Being an Asian-American JET Minorities in Japan Minorities in Japan – African Decent Minority in Japan – Handout Money Management Women’s Issues Traveling in and around Japan Studying Japanese Japanese Etiquette Vegegarian in Japan – Hand out Vegetarian in Japan – Vocabulary Sheet (Word Document) Vegetarian in Japan – Wallet Card (Word .doc) LGBT in Japan LGBT Tokyo Map