About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Japan Society Salutes Godzilla with Concert Spectacular
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — George Takei, Tokyo x Brooklyn, Japan Day @ Central Park
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Your Name,’ Miyavi, Charan-Po-Rantan
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘Your Name’
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Fred Korematsu Speaks Up’
Posted on November 24, 2008 | No CommentsOur event was a blast!! We painted pottery, made jewelry, enjoyed some Japanese food, traded JET stories, and laughed the night away! See a few photos attached. Everyone was excited that the Philly group was re-awakening! Based on the feedback of even those who couldn’t make it – I am already looking forward to our next event! Thanks Renay More photos on Flickr.