About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: New York Comic Con, ‘Porco Rosso,’ ‘The Legend of Zelda,’ Food Porn Party
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘The Red Turtle’
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘Hayao Miyazaki: Never-Ending Man’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Collision: Brooklyn, ‘Four Nights of Dream,’ The Joy of Sake
- JQ Magazine: Manga Review — ‘She and Her Cat’ and ‘Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz — Glory of the Losers’
Posted on March 27, 2009 | No CommentsPlease read the following message from JETAA Northern California: It is with great sadness that we remember Daniel Sakai, a fellow JET Alum (Iwate, 1997-1998) who was one of the Oakland Police Officers tragically killed on March 21st. In remembrance of Daniel, the JET Alumni Association of Northern California (JETAANC) will be making a contribution to the Sakai Family Trust Fund. JETAANC can make a donation on your behalf at http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid= 180769. We will send our collective donation on Monday, April 6, 2009. If you would also like to make a direct donation, please follow these instructions. We extend our deepest condolences. The JETAANC Executive Committee