About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Fred Korematsu Speaks Up’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Your Name’ Premiere, Hougaku Quartet, ‘Girl X’
- Concert Recap: Yoshiki Classical Special at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Anime films, Final Fantasy Live, Yoshiki at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — The ‘Tonoharu’ Trilogy
Posted on June 23, 2008 | No CommentsLast Saturday, about 80 new JETs and 30 JET alums gathered at the Nippon Club in Midtown Manhattan for the New York JET Pre-Departure Seminar. The seminar dealt with practical issues of life on JET, from what to expect on the job to what to do in Japan outside of school. See the complete set of photos on Flickr.