About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: New York Comic Con, ‘Porco Rosso,’ ‘The Legend of Zelda,’ Food Porn Party
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘The Red Turtle’
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘Hayao Miyazaki: Never-Ending Man’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Collision: Brooklyn, ‘Four Nights of Dream,’ The Joy of Sake
- JQ Magazine: Manga Review — ‘She and Her Cat’ and ‘Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz — Glory of the Losers’
Posted on February 27, 2013 | No CommentsGutai: Splendid Playground presents the creative spectrum of Japan’s most influential avant-garde collective of the postwar era. Founded by the visionary artist Yoshihara Jirō in 1954, the Gutai group was legendary in its own time. Its young members explored new art forms combining performance, painting, and interactive environments, and realized an “international common ground” of experimental art through the worldwide reach of their exhibition and publication activities. Against the backdrop of wartime totalitarianism, Gutai forged an ethics of creative freedom, breaking through myriad boundaries to create some of the most exuberant works and events in the history of Japanese and international avant-garde art. The Gutai: Splendid Playground exhibition runs from February 15–May 8, 2013 at the Guggenheim Museum. The exhibition […]