About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Japan Society Salutes Godzilla with Concert Spectacular
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — George Takei, Tokyo x Brooklyn, Japan Day @ Central Park
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Your Name,’ Miyavi, Charan-Po-Rantan
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘Your Name’
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Fred Korematsu Speaks Up’
Posted on July 24, 2008 | No CommentsThursday, July 31 5:30 PM Underground Bar at 613 2nd Avenue (btw. 33rd and 34th) Okay, so this may just be the cheapest place to get beer in all of Manhattan! Happy hour runs from 4pm to 8pm with $1 draft beer (Miller, Bud light and Yuengling) and $3 well drinks. Try to come early so we can stake out the back patio and create our own mini JETAANY beer garden! If you are able to get there early please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can coordinate some table savers.