About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Fred Korematsu Speaks Up’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — ‘Your Name’ Premiere, Hougaku Quartet, ‘Girl X’
- Concert Recap: Yoshiki Classical Special at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Anime films, Final Fantasy Live, Yoshiki at Carnegie Hall
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — The ‘Tonoharu’ Trilogy
Posted on December 7, 2007 | No CommentsDate: Wednesday December 12th Time: 8pm Location: Forbidden City 212 Avenue A between 13th and 14th www.forbiddennyc.com Happy Fun Smile the Okinawa band with the hot lead singer will be performing Cover: FREE Everyone Welcome! (To see the article on Kossan, the band’s shamisen player, who is a real Buddhist monk, go to http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/26/the-chanting-rollerblading-monk-at-the-met/.)