About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: New York Comic Con, ‘Porco Rosso,’ ‘The Legend of Zelda,’ Food Porn Party
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘The Red Turtle’
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — ‘Hayao Miyazaki: Never-Ending Man’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Collision: Brooklyn, ‘Four Nights of Dream,’ The Joy of Sake
- JQ Magazine: Manga Review — ‘She and Her Cat’ and ‘Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz — Glory of the Losers’
Posted on February 19, 2008 | No CommentsJapanamerica event photos are now online! Check them out here. Roland Kelts (ALT Osaka-shi, 1998-1999) is the half-Japanese American author of Japanamerica: How Japanese Pop Culture has Invaded the US, published in the US and Europe by Palgrave Macmillan, and in Japan by Random House Kodansha. Japanamerica has just been released in an expanded and updated paperback edition. To celebrate the new edition, Kinokuniya New York (on Bryant Park) and TokyoPop are teaming up for a big in-store event next Wednesday, February 27, starting at 6 p.m. Admission is totally FREE. The event will take place on the 2nd floor near Japanese café Zaiya in Kinokuniya Bookstore, 1073 6th Ave (btw 40th & 41st St), New York NY 10018 (new […]