JETAANY Discussion Forums

You are not logged in. You can login or register.

Jill Schimmel

Created 11th October 2011 @ 03:41
Showing posts 1 to 1 of 1

Subscribe to this topic

Locked Pages: 1

It is with great interest that I apply for a position on the JETAANY Board of Directors. It has been over 6 years since I returned from an amazing three years in Osaka-fu (2002-2005). Simply put, JET changed my life, and refocused my career path towards US-Japan relations and spreading the good word about Japan and the JET Programme. Since my return in August 2005, I have maintained contact with the friends and community I met in Japan, but I have also been an active member of JETAANY. I have enjoyed participating in Career Forums, Pre-Departure Orientations, Book Clubs, Meishi Exchanges, Nihongo Dake Dinners, and many other organized events. We are very fortunate to have such a strong, active, and dynamic alumni chapter, with such deep ties to New York’s Japanese community. I would like to step up and take a larger role, offering my fresh ideas and experience in education here in New York City.

Now, with the help of many wonderful people and Japanese organizations I have met here through JETAANY and in Japan, I have been able to start a Japanese Language and Culture Program at a middle school in the Bronx. I am also embarking on a school-based Social Networking project through the Japan Society. My experience on the JET Programme and my continued connection to the Japanese community through JETAANY has made this all possible. Thus, I would like to become a part of JETAANY’s Board of Directors to continue such exciting projects, to create new ones, and to ensure that in the future, my eager students will have a chance to experience Japan as JETs. In addition, I believe that my personal connections in various New York communities and my Japanese language abilities will allow us to further promote the JET Programme and increase visibility and interest.

Douzo yoroshiku onegai shimasu! Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Locked Pages: 1

Fuelled by RS Discuss 0.5.2