About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Sailor Moon, Liberty City Anime, Meg Okura
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘Amy’s Guide to Best Behavior in Japan: Do It Right and Be Polite!’
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — New from Tuttle (Summer 2018)
- JQ Magazine: Book Review — ‘My Year of Dirt and Water’
- JQ Magazine: Film Review — JAPAN CUTS 2018 at Japan Society
Support the JETAANY Gala
Posted on November 21, 2017 | No CommentsWhen: Thursday, November 30 at 6:30-8:30pm Where: Japan Local Government Center (CLAIR, N.Y.), 3 Park Avenue, 20th Floor, New York, NY 10016-5902 Cost: $7 for refreshments, supplies, 2 cards, and either one bookmark or luggage tag. RSVP/Questions: Wendy at president[at]jetaany[dot]org Tis the season to spend time with friends, keep warm, and prep nengajo! Do all three on Thursday, November 30th with fellow JETs and friends of JET as we create nengajo in the impressive but easy style of oshibana, or pressed flowers. We will also make our own luggage tags! Please bring $7 for supplies and refreshments. Check for updates and see who’s coming on Facebook!