About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- JQ Magazine: New York Adventure Club Offers Urasenke Tea Ceremony
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York – Hello from Japan, Private Tea Ceremony, Katsu Album Release Concert
- Justin’s Japan: JET Programme Alumni Gala Celebrates 30 Years
- JQ Magazine: Theatre Review — ‘Mugen Noh Othello’
- JQ Magazine: Nippon in New York — Studio Ghibli, ‘Final Fantasy’ @ 30, ‘Mary and the Witch’s Flower’
Support the JETAANY Gala
Posted on November 21, 2017 | No CommentsWhen: Thursday, November 30 at 6:30-8:30pm Where: Japan Local Government Center (CLAIR, N.Y.), 3 Park Avenue, 20th Floor, New York, NY 10016-5902 Cost: $7 for refreshments, supplies, 2 cards, and either one bookmark or luggage tag. RSVP/Questions: Wendy at president[at]jetaany[dot]org Tis the season to spend time with friends, keep warm, and prep nengajo! Do all three on Thursday, November 30th with fellow JETs and friends of JET as we create nengajo in the impressive but easy style of oshibana, or pressed flowers. We will also make our own luggage tags! Please bring $7 for supplies and refreshments. Check for updates and see who’s coming on Facebook!