It’s that time of year when we prepare a new batch of JETs to start their journey in Japan! We are calling upon our recent alumni to teach and share their experiences to hopefully prevent some surprises or embarrassing moments and make their time in Japan something they will never forget.
The Pre-Departure Seminar will be on Saturday, June 24th from 10:00 am – 3:30pm at the Nippon Club (145 W. 57th Street, between 6th Ave and 7th Ave on the 2nd floor). We’ll have a happy hour from 4 pm onwards nearby which all are welcome to (no need to be a seminar presenter)! You only need to attend the sessions you are presenting, therefore you may not need to be there the entire day.
We are looking for presenters on the following topics.
- JET Job Skills- Elementary, Junior High, High School
- Being a Minority-Asian, African American, LGBT
- Women’s Issues
- What to Expect your First Few Weeks
- Money Management
- Studying Japanese
- Being Vegetarian or Dietary Restrictions
- Community Involvement
- Japanese Social and Business Etiquette
- How to Prepare for your Departure
The form will be open from now until Wednesday, May 24th at 5:00 pm. Thank you in advance for your help!
Questions? Feel free to contact Wendy Ikemoto at president-at-jetaany-dot-org.