Submit resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, October 12
Position Description and Qualifications:
JETAANY is a 501(c)(3)nonprofit organization and hence requires a Board of Directors. Overall governance and guidance of the organization lies in the hands of the Board, which also serves to advance the organization’s mission and provide a platform for ideas for the executive committee. The Board of Directors is comprised of a group of experienced former JETs and one non- JET, all who have a keen interest in the continued success of the JET Program and JETAANY.
The Board is distinct from the executive committee, which is the group of individuals who run the day-to-day activities of the organization. The President of JETAANY is the only executive committee member to sit on the Board of Directors and is responsible for reporting on the overall activities of the organization on a quarterly basis.The Board is comprised of ten individuals who serve for two years.
For more information about the current Board of Directors, please refer to the JETAANY website at: http://jetaany.org/about/
board-of-directors/. The Board is actively recruiting new board members to replace outgoing members who have completed their two year term.
In order to be considered for a seat on the Board, candidates must demonstrate the following qualifications:
1. Three to five years of post-JET work experience in any field
2. Strategic thinker
3. Active within the JET Program / Japan / Education / Non-Profit / Japanese business community
4. Two-year commitment with a minimum requirement to attend four meetings annually
5. Ability to lead a subcommittee commitment possibly requiring additional meetings
6. Attend select JET eventsInterested candidates should submit a resume and a brief (one page) statement of interest explaining why you would like to be considered as a candidate to email@example.com by 11:59pm EST Sunday October 12, 2012.
The board will review candidate platforms and post them on the JETAANY.org website by October 15, 2012. A general election will subsequently be held, with new Board members to be instated by November 16, 2012. More information regarding the voting process will be forthcoming.
Candidates should feel free to approach any board members with questions or to email firstname.lastname@example.org
for questions on the process or Board position responsibilities.
Posted in: News– October 5, 2012