About JETAANYThe Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program Alumni Association of New York (JETAANY) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving over 2,000 members in the tri-state area. JET Alumni have all lived and worked in Japan as English teachers in the Japanese Public School System. JETAANY’s mission is to assist returning JETs with acclimating to life and work in New York, foster education and understanding of Japanese culture and strengthen the ties between JET alumni and the Japanese community. We do this through a wide variety of social, cultural, professional and athletic events throughout the year.
Japan Photo Contest
- 3/29 - Japan in Search of Foreign Policy Equilibrium: Post-Cold War Dynamics
- Get a discounted ticket for the IF Conference!
- Get a discounted ticket for the IF Conference!
- Takarazuka Chicago at Lincoln Center
- Kanze Noh at Lincoln Center
- 12/3 6-9 pm Talk @ Japan Society: Womenomics-in-Action
- (11/20-11/22) "In the Box" Japanese Performance Mixing Dance and Technology!
- (11/17) Stories from the Pacific War (Atomic Bomb Survivor & Veteran Reflects)
- (11/5) Japan Society Talk on Regenerative Medicine in Japan
- Position in Japanese Stationary Retail
- Kitano Hotel - New York, NY May 2, 2016
- Japan Society Internships Opportunities - Applications Being Accepted May 2, 2016
- Solutions Architect - Tokyo, Japan May 2, 2016
- Development Assistant, Individual Giving and Membership (part-time*) - NY, NY May 2, 2016
- Corporate English Trainer (Japanese Bilingual) - New York, NY May 2, 2016
- 2016 Executive Board Officer Descriptions March 14, 2016
- Bhagavat Life (JETAANY Members 20% off) cooking classes August 4, 2014
- $30 OFF Cirque du Solei Tickets February 12, 2014
Posted on June 24, 2010 | No CommentsPlease join us for an event celebrating KIE/Kintetsu International’s new www.japanforyou.com website launch with online Japan hotel and Ryokan bookings AND www.Momondo.com ‘s Hotel search with “Color My City” user generated city guide reviews for which YOU TOO can recommend hotel, restaurant, shopping and sighteeing in Tokyo, Kyoto and around the world. Begining in July 2010: KIE’s discounted airfare search will be integrated into Momondo’s airfare search system And KIE/Kintetsu International and Momondo will link to the each other’s Japan city guide information. HIROSHIMA SAKE AND SUSHI WILL BE SERVED DATE: Thursday, June 24, 2010 TIME: 6:00-8:30 pm LOCATION: On the gorgeous 9th Floor Balcony of KIE/Kintetsu located at 1290 Avenue of the Americas overlooking Radio City Music Hall on […]
Posted on June 23, 2010 | No CommentsWant a community-building opportunity that involves drinks? Come meet the newest batch of JETs for a Happy Hour after the Pre-Departure Seminar! They have a lot of questions to ask about their new lives in Japan, and you have the answers they’re looking for! The back area has been reserved for 40-50 people. No need to RSVP or dress fancy, just show up and enjoy the company. When: Saturday, June 26 from 5:00pm Where: Faces and Names (159 West 54th Street) (Cash bar)
Posted on June 17, 2010 | No CommentsThis month’s Nihongo Dake Dinner will be at the critically-acclaimed and famously priced Setagaya Ramen in the East Village. Join us at 7:30 pm on June 30th for ramen just the way you remember it – shio broth that is practically a revelation with springy, irresistible noodles and all of the trimmings (per nymag.com). This month, do not pay up front, but rather pay for what you get the night of. Please RSVP to Kendall Murano (email@example.com) or with the JETAANY group on facebook.com. What: Nihongo Dake Ramen When: Wednesday, June 30th Time: 7:30pm – 9:00 Where: Setagaya Ramen 141 First Ave., New York, NY (map and directions: http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/ramen-setagaya/)
Posted on June 8, 2010 | No CommentsLearn and Experience Sumi-e Painting! When: Saturday, July10 from 3:00 – 4:30 pm Where: Kinokuniya Bookstore (1073 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10018) https://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/ohb/02/contents/eb04.html Cost: $20 (including lecture and material fee) Application deadline: July 8, 2010 The charms of sumi-e (ink paiting) lie in the mysterious harmony between charcoal and water, the relation between paper and ink, and the beauty of ink gradation. Japanese-Canadian sumi-e artist, Hiroshi Yamamoto, graduated from Kyoto Industrial Design Institute and Kyoto Japanese Art School. Mr. Yamamoto studied traditional arts and history including sumi-e and Nihonga style painting. He also practiced under Mr. Rokuro Yamamoto, a specialist in Nihonga, and is deeply influenced by the works of Tohaku Hasegawa, a 16th century artist. He has had over 20 individual exhibitions in both Japan and Canada. He will give you a […]
Posted on June 4, 2010 | No CommentsInterested in becoming more than just a JETAANY member? Come out to our Quarterly Meeting and find out how JETAANY is run from the inside! Note: If you are a volunteer for the Pre-Departure Seminar, attendance at the 8-9pm meeting is mandatory. Where: Japanese Local Government Center (3 Park Avenue between 33rd and 34th, 20th Floor) When: Wednesday, June 16 Time: 7-8pm General Meeting (Open to all) / 8-9pm Pre-Departure Planning (Mandatory for confirmed Pre-Departure Seminar Volunteers)