Consider running for the executive committee this Spring!
There are positions for: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary
Elections will be held in February
New officers will work with past officers in March, and terms will run from April 1, 2007 – March 31, 2008.
- Participate in U.S. National Conference (Summer: 3-day event, Friday-Sun.)
- Organize (with help of officers, CLAIR, and volunteers) and speak at Pre-Departure Orientation
- Speak at Welcome Back Reception
- Assess budget estimate and work with Treasurer to make necessary changes in funds
- Submit activity report for Chapter events to Country Representative
- Organize outreach event to members not in NYC area
- Communicate with sub-chapter, Philadelphia, to assess their needs and better serve their members
- Confirm publication of newsletter with editor and offer assistance as necessary
- Chair business meeting (attended by members), prepare and post agenda in advance
- Chair executive meeting (attended by all officers and CGJ reps) ‚ prepare and disseminate agenda in advance
- Revise calendar to reflect new events or activities
- Communicate to CGJ and CLAIR about ongoing activities and issues
- Retain records of events for archives
- Check Jetaany.org forum posts and respond if necessary
- Check in with officers to be sure they are up-to-date on decisions that need to be made
- Check email and respond to members’ questions
- Communicate (usually via email) issues to officers, and collaborate on planning and solving problems
- This position requires a minimum of 10hrs/week to keep up with requests and effective communication. It also has a fair amount of administrative responsibility. Goals include:
- Perpetuating (through planning and organizing) events that have been successful in the past
- Instituting (through collaboration with other officers and members) ideas for new events
- Maintaining open communication lines with CGJ and CLAIR
- Developing and strengthening ties with outside organizations to foster new opportunities for JET Alumni
- Meeting the needs / requests of our membership
- Improving the infrastructure of the organization itself
- Adding to the archives of documentation to preserve past administrations and provide support for future administrations.
- Setting and meeting standards through leadership that will inspire and encourage smaller chapters to grow
- Attending as many scheduled JETAA events as possible
Contact Jenn directly with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attends all executive meetings
- Attends any extraordinary meetings that are called among officers
- Chairperson of Events Committee
- Co-ordinates and organizes with sub-committee chair for each event
- Sets reporting schedule with sub-committee chair so that no details are overlooked.
- Creates documentation for each event noting important info and possible improvements for next sub-committee chair/new administration.
- Creates VP Guidelines position outline
- Contributes to budget decisions
- Attends and represents JETAANY at as many events/functions as possible
- Frequently corresponds with other officers via email
Contact Kat directly with any questions: email@example.com
- Responsible for the organization’s budget
- Maintains accurate records and accounting for all income and disbursements Develops a balanced budget for the fiscal year with the Executive Committee
- Attends business, executive and extraordinary meetings
- Prepares an annual financial statement
- Prepares an annual budget and all mandatory financial reports throughout the year and submits them to CLAIR and MoFA
- Aids in organizing any JETAA function or event
- Chairs the Finance Committee
- Processes any necessary paperwork to the IRS or New York State Attorney General’s Office for 501(c)(3) compliance
Contact Tony directly with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work with other officers to plan event calendar
- Participate in all (or most) JETAA events, especially orientation, welcome back and reception, career forum.
- Assist with preparation of budget and planning of all events
- Attend monthly executive meeting (attended by all four officers)
- Revise online calendar to reflect new events or activities
- Communicate to JLCG attendance and dates of events and activities
- Update website with new events (JETAA and non-JET- this includes Japan Society, Consulate General and others) and announcements for the JET community.
- Maintain listserve of JETAA NY members and Friends of JET.
- Add new members and delete old addresses as necessary. Communicate with database coordinator to ensure the newest information.
- Send out a weekly email with announcements about JETAA NY events & activities, and other events and activities of interest in the NY metro area.
- Check email and respond to executive board issues as well as member questions (mostly membership questions or questions related to upcoming events)
- This position involves daily email communication (at least one hour a day, probably more) as well as about one hour a week (at least) of researching events for the weekly announcements.
Contact Rob directly with any questions: email@example.com